- How do I create a listing/get my junk collected?
- Do you charge listing fees?
- How far in advance can I book a collection?
- How much should I pay for a collection?
- Can I cancel my listing once it is published?
- Can I edit my listing or change the price once published?
- How quickly is a listing matched to a collector?
- What if no collector accepts my job?
- Do I need to be at the pick-up location for the collection?
- How do I get in touch with the collector?
- Should I exchange contact information with the collector?
- My collector is late or didn't show up, what do I do?
- When do I mark a collection as complete?
- The collector marked the collection as done, but the junk is still here
- Where does my junk go?
- How much is recycled?
- Are collectors licensed waste carriers?
- When is payment taken?
- How do I pay for the collection?
- What is LoveJunk's service fee?
- Can I tip my collector?
- Do I get a receipt for my collection?
- My receipt is incorrect, what do I do?
- How do I leave a review?
- Do collectors see my contact information or full address?
- How does LoveJunk work?
- Is LoveJunk available in my city?
- How do I delete my account?
CREATING A LISTING
To create a listing, click on the green button “Get Junk Collected” at the bottom of the app's main screen. The app will prompt you to snap a few photos of your junk and complete a new listing form which typically takes a new user around one minute. The key fields are:
- Description - be as precise as possible. Collectors love nice photos and clear descriptions.
- Builders/ heavy waste - does your waste contain things like rubble and bricks? Collectors need to know this because weight is such a key part of disposal cost and this sort of waste is heavier than general bulky junk.
- Load size - these are reference points only. Bear in mind the collector will see your photos and read your description. Aim to be as honest as possible. If you genuinely don't think your junk could fit into the boot of an estate car, please don't say it can.
- Small: fits in the boot of a car
- Medium: fits in the boot of an estate car
- Large: fits in a small transit van
- X Large: requires a large van like a Luton or Tipper to carry it all
- Address - we need your address so we can notify collectors who operate in your area. Don't worry, just your postcode area (eg. SW12) shows in the listing. Your full postcode and address is only shared with the collector who claims the job.
- Collection time - choose a date and time slot that works for. Within normal working hours on a week day is more popular with collectors than out of hours time slots. So where possible keep to 'normal'. However, if you do require an out of hours collection, we recommend setting your collection offer price at a premium to the estimated price range provided.
- Price - enter how much you wish to pay a collector to have your junk collected. Price guidance based on the size and type of your junk appears directly below the Price field. You can increase this price after your listing is live if you no collector claims your job.
For more tips and guidance on creating a great listing click here.
For detailed advice on what price to offer click here
No. LoveJunk is free to use. There is no charge to list a job. Card processing fees and our admin charge are deducted from the amount paid to the collector.
You can book a collection anytime within the next 7 days (including weekends).
It’s up to you. When creating a listing you will see below the price box an estimated price range based on previous jobs of similar size and junk type. If your job is small (relative to the collection size you chose), nice and easy with the junk all out front, has good photos and a clear description – offering a collection price towards the low end of the estimated range should be fine. On the other hand, if your job is at the large end of your collection size and/or more tricky (for example, requires 2 people to lift the junk, out of normal working hours, or has difficult access) – then collectors are more likely to require a price near the top of the estimated price range and possibly even higher. For more detailed guidance click here
MANAGING THE LISTING
You can cancel a listing at any time before it is accepted by a collector. You will not be charged. However, once your listing has been claimed by a collector, you can only cancel the job if the collector fails to turn up within the agreed time slot.
If you need to amend the collection time or the listing details after a collector has claimed the job, contact them by tapping “Contact Collector” in the listing. If you’re unable to reach the collector, click on the three dots at the top right corner of the screen to report the issue.
The only amend you can make to a listing before it is claimed by a collector is the collection price. A button in the listing allows you to increase the offered price to make it more attractive to collectors. Increasing your price sends out a new notification to all nearby collectors about your job and the new collection price you have offered. If you would like to edit any other part of a listing before it has been claimed by a collector, just cancel the listing entirely (you will not be charged) and create a new one with revised details.
If your job has already been claimed by a collector and you need to change some details, the best thing to do is contact the collector and discuss what you would like to change.
A reasonably priced listing published in normal working hours is usually macthed with a collector in less than 3 minutes. Slower than this is usually because the offered collection price is too low or the photos or description are not clear enough. More information can be found here
If no one accepts your job before the start of your collection time slot, the listing will lapse. You will not be charged. Click on this link for tips and advice on how to create great listings.
No. You do not need to be present provided the junk is easily accessible in front of your property and clearly identifiable.
Once a collector has accepted your listing a “Contact Collector” button appears on your listing page. Just tap on it to get in touch.
No, there is no need. The collector can contact you through the app.
If your collector does not arrive within the agreed time slot, contact them via the Contact Collector button to see what's going on. As a last resort you can cancel the job by tapping 'Cancel collection' once the arrival time window has lapsed. But hopefully it's just one of those things and your collector is caught in traffic.
Once your junk has been removed, your collector will log their collection in the app. This triggers a request to you to confirm the collection has happened and release payment to the collector.
Do not confirm the collection and report the issue to us using the three dots at the top right corner of the listing screen.
All waste is disposed of at licensed commercial recycling facilities. As part of using the LoveJunk platform the collector is obliged to record which recycling centre your waste is taken to and the details of that disposal facility show in the Waste Documentation that you can access once the collection is complete.
On average over 95% of waste picked up through our platform avoids going to landfill. Exact recycling percentage depends on the mix of waste collected and the recycling facility used by your collector andf will be detailed on your waste documentation.
Yes. Every collector on the LoveJunk platform has a verified waste carriers license issued by the Environment Agency.
Payment is taken after collection once you confirm the collection has been done.
When you create a listing, an 'intent to pay' is recorded against your card for the amount of the collection price. If your listing is matched to a collector and the junk picked up as agreed, your card will be charged that amount when you confirm the collection via the app. If the listing is not accepted, the payment intent will lapse and no charge incurred.
We deduct 15% of the Collection price as our platform fee. The collector receives the other 85% for undertaking the collection.
You can tip, but only directly. Unfortunately, you are not able to tip the collector through the app at this time.
Yes. Once you have confirmed and paid for your collection, the listing shows a “Receipt” button. Tap on this to access your receipt. To find past listings open the hamburger menu button on the top left and click on “My activity”. All current and completed jobs show up there.
Click on the three buttons at the top right corner of the screen to report the issue.
TRUST AND SAFETY
You will be prompted to review your collector in the app after you confirm and pay for a collection.
No. Collectors do not see your contact information or full address unless they accept your collection. These details are only visible to your collector prior to collection. They are removed once the collection is complete.
LoveJunk is an app that connects people with bulky waste to nearby licensed waste businesses that can remove it. When you create a listing, we notify all the collectors registered on the platform that operate in the area and the first to claim the job, gets the work. Agreeing price and collection time, recording pick-up and disposal, and releasing payment is all via the app. Ensuring the whole process is low cost, safe and secure, and environmentally responsible.
LoveJunk is currently only available in Greater London.
DELETING AN ACCOUNT
If you'd like to delete your LoveJunk account, email us at [email protected]. We’ll remove your details right away.
You may also be interested in these related articles: