Hazardous bulky waste
Hazardous waste that cannot be collected through the LoveJunk platform
The following items are classified as hazardous waste.
For regulatory and insurance reasons, these materials cannot be collected through the LoveJunk platform.
- Biological or Medical waste
- Car batteries
- Car tyres
- Commercial fridges, freezers, aircon units or chiller cabinets (note: domestic fridges, freezers etc are NOT hazardous)
- Small electrical appliances (note: larger domestic appliances like washing machines, dishwashers and cookers are NOT hazardous)
- Fire extinguishers
- Gas canisters or bottles
- Oil, petrol or diesel
- Paint and Paint tins containing paint
- Raw meat or fish (unless packaged)
- Solvents and Toxic waste
We recommend contacting your local council for advice on how to dispose of these items in your area.
You may also like:
- Customer detailed questions and answers
- Rubbish removal gallery - for the latest jobs & price guidance
- Top tips for a great listing