Register as a collector
8 May 2020
Thank you for your interest in LoveJunk! We’re pleased to welcome you to our community.
Before we start, you will need…
- Waste Carrier Number
- Disposal Site info - names, addresses & licenses number of every disposal facility you use
- Public Liability insurance
- Photo ID - passport or driving license
- Proof of Address - recent bank statement or utility bill
- If you are a limited company - names & addresses of all Directors and major Shareholders
- Junk removal or reuse should be your primary business activity
- Download the LoveJunk app
- Open the app, click login under the main menu and then choose 'Register as a Collector' to start the process.
- Follow the onscreen prompts to enter details about you and your business, including your trading name, license number, disposal sites, operating centre and vehicle.
- So you can receive payments, you will taken to connect.stripe.com to complete a verification process with Stripe, our third-party payments provider. Unfortunately it's a little clunky, so here are a few things to look out for:
- When asked to select your industry, choose "other transport services" because 'waste collection' is not among available options
- In the last step of their verification process ("verification summary screen"), click on Update to add missing information. Then wait or click on Update until the status changes from "Pending Verification" to "More information required now". Now click on Update to upload your proof of ID and proof of address. Note: "More information required now" will show next to the name of each account representative once entered information has been verified (see screenshot below).
- Once the documents have been uploaded for each account representative or "More information required now" disappears, click 'Done' which completes the Stripe process and returns you to the end of the LoveJunk registration. You should then see the following modal.
- Congratulations! You've finished the registration process. We'll get back to you shortly. This typically takes no more than 48 hours as we verify details like your waste carrier license number and disposal sites. Please note you will not be able to collect any listings until your account is approved. If you experience any issues during this process, please email [email protected]. We are happy to help!