6 Yard Skip Size
6 Yard Skip Size
6-yard skip: What is a 6-yard 'small builders' skip size, and what can they hold? We've put together an easy to read guide just for you!
- What does a 6 yard skip size hold?
- Skip sizes
- The 6 yards skip size
- What is prohibited in a 6-yard skip?
- 6-yard skip hire cost
- Alternatives to hiring a 6-yard skip
1. What does a 6-yard skip size hold?
6 yarders hold the equivalent of 40-55 bin bags or around 12 wheelie bins worth of waste or 4 tonnes. The number of tons that a skip can hold highly depends on the materials that will go into your skip and how they are fitted in. A 6 yard is best suited to holding kitchen, bathroom, and home renovation waste.
2. Skip Sizes
Skips come in 2 Yards, 4 Yards, 6 Yards, 8 Yards and 12 Yards sizes. More further info, read our skip size guide for a handy comparison of all the skips we offer. Below is a table showing the skip dimensions and what they can hold.
|Skip size||Dimensions||Bin bags equivalent||Best for|
|4 Yards Skip 'Midi'||H: 1m, L: 1.8m, W 1.3m||30-40 bin bags||Bikes, small fridges, TV's, sofas and chairs|
|6 Yards Skip 'Small Builders'||H: 1.2m, L: 2.6m, W 1.5m||40-55 bin bags||Kitchen, bathroom, home renovations.|
|8 Yards Skip 'Builders'||H: 1.2m, L: 3.7m, W 1.7m||70-80 bin bags||Clearing an entire house or major renovation work|
|H: 1.7m, L: 3.7m, W 1.8m||100-120 bin bags||Very large projects and, general construction waste|
3. The 6-yards skip size
The height of a 6-yard skip is 1.2 meters, the length 2.6 meters and 1.5 meters wide. 6-yard skips are a very popular choice for residential waste as their capacity is ideally suited to bathroom and kitchen refurbishments, as well as, waste from garden and garage clearouts.
4. What is prohibited from a 6-yard skip?
Below is a list of items prohibited by skip of all sizes, not just a 6-yard skip. If you would like more information about how to dispose of any of the specific items below, please click on their individual waste disposal guide. For a more in-depth look into what can and cannot be disposed of in a skip, please see our ultimate skip hire guide. Complete with information about why they are not permitted and other options for disposal.
5. What is the hire cost of a 6-yard skip?
The average hire cost of a 6-yard skip depends on the following factors:
- Location - where you are within the UK
- Type of waste - is it messy and bulky or lightweight
- Council permits - they vary depending on your region
Table of average hire costs incl VAT for 6-yard skips UK
|City||Skip hire cost|
|price includes VAT|
6. Alternatives to hiring a 6-yard skip
Hiring a skip is likely to cost 50% - 150% more than using a man & van waste contractor to remove the waste instead. If you are not sure about hiring a skip, there are other options.
1) Use a Hippobag. Then pay a local man & van rubbish clearance company to collect and empty it. If you are looking for a Hippo bag and would like to see what Hippo bag discount codes are available out there, see our complete guide hippo bag collection.
2) Depending on the size and weight of your waste, you could take a trip to your local tip.
3) You can use LoveJunk to find your cheapest (and nearest!) available waste collector. Many London councils recommend us.
Recent bulky waste collections
Below are recent collections that have been carried out via the LoveJunk marketplace. To find a trusted, licenced collector today – visit LoveJunk.