Sutton Coldfield Recycling Centre & Rubbish Tip
Recycling centre information summary for Sutton Coldfield tip
Looking for info about your local Sutton Coldfield recycling centre and rubbish tip? Awesome! This is the guide for you. It's got full details about the Norris Way, Sutton Coldfield rubbish tip, including a map, address, opening hours, who can use the facility, which items are and are not accepted and lots more useful information to answer all your questions.
Note: if you require info on all of the Birmingham tips, read our Birmingham recycling centre guide.
Address & Opening hours
The address is Norris Way, Sutton Coldfield, B75 7BB
Location Map of Sutton Coldfield recycling centre
When can you visit?
Sutton Coldfield Recycling Centre is open 7 days a week however opening hours vary throughout the year:
April – October: Monday to Friday 8 am - 8 pm and Saturday to Sunday 8 am - 4:30 pm
November – March: Monday to Friday 8 am – 6 pm and Saturday to Sunday 8 am – 4 pm
(The Recycling Centre is shut on Christmas Day and Boxing Day)
Contact number: 0121 680 2000 for Veolia Household Recycling Centre Sutton Coldfield
Important information about your trip
Bookings are required to use Birmingham’s tips
Make sure to come in the vehicle you registered when booking a slot.
Slots are 15 minutes, and you can book 3 days in advance up to 2 hours before your slot time. Birmingham residents can make two bookings at the same time (either for the same day or the same week). The sites are updated so new slots become available every day. However, if there aren’t any at a time that works, check other sites here.
You must bring proof of Birmingham residency on the day to enter the Sutton Coldfield Recycling Centre. Sutton Coldfield tip will only accept a drivers licence, utility bill (digital or physical) or council tax bill (digital or physical) as proof of address.
Access is limited to those in vehicles. No pedestrians are allowed.
Different booking options apply depending if you are using a car or van. But NOTE that you cannot enter the site in a Luton van, cage van or tipper van. These are considered trade vehicles, which are not allowed into the household rubbish area.
Vehicles with trailers larger than 6’x4’ must book van slots. Also, if the interior of your car is stripped, it is categorised as a van, and you must register it as such when booking a slot.
There is a height restriction of 6' 10" (2.1 meters) at the Sutton Coldfield tip entrance. If your vehicle is higher than this, you should use the Castle Bromwich or Tyseley Recycling Centre instead.
Vehicles over 3500kg are not allowed on site.
If you are using a hire car be sure to bring the hire documents. You will also need proof of Birmingham residency.
What can you bring to the Sutton Coldfield Recycling Centre?
- Green garden waste
- Wood and wood-based products e.g. MDF
- Car and household batteries
- Fridges and freezers
- Engine oil
- Gas bottles (empty and/or partially full) – do not put these in the metals skip. Instead, ask the staff where the specific gas bottle area is.
- Textiles, shoes, and carpets
- Electrical items such as TVs, monitors
- Florescent tubes
- Soil, hardcore and rubble (in limited amounts)
- Paint – bear in mind this is a household service only and you may not use the RePaint scheme if you are a business or trader.
What can’t you bring to the Sutton Coldfield Recycling Centre?
- Clinical waste
- Tree trunks
- Birmingham Recycling Centres do not allow more than eight 25kg bags (or equivalent) per visit of rubble or soil, turf, or hardcore.
- Trade waste (without specific bookings)
Sutton Coldfield doesn’t accept trade waste at its household recycling centre.
For trade waste bookings, you can call 0203 567 3915 between 8 am – 4 pm Monday to Friday (excluding bank holidays).
Time slots for this Trade Waste service are available Monday to Friday (5 am-7 am, 11 am-12 pm and 2 pm-7 pm).
- Businesses using the site, with a valid booking, will be charged a deposit fee £78 fee to deposit waste at the site.
- You cannot enter the Sutton Coldfield tip with vehicles over 3500kg
Other important information about Sutton Coldfield Recycling Centre
- No pedestrian access is allowed. So, you can only use the site if you have a vehicle.
- Cars must be parked in a designated parking bay before you get out of them.
- Children and pets are obliged to remain in the car and childrien shuld wear a seatbelt throughout the visit.
Reuse at Sutton Coldfield recycling centre
Veolia works with The ReUsers to provide a donation service for anything that can be reused There is a ReUsers donations station at Unit 32 Norris Way. This is located to the left before the ReUsers car park entrance.
They sometimes limit what they accept based on demand. So, to avoid wasting time, it's a good idea to call beforehand on 0121 329 2797 to check if you can donate at the time of your visit.
NEVER LEAVE ITEMS FOR REUSE OUTSIDE THE GATES IF THE SITE IS NOT OPEN.
Follow this link for more information about reuse options in Birmingham.
Recent google reviews about Sutton Coldfield Recycling Centre