Croydon Recycling Centre & Rubbish Tip
Recycling centre and rubbish tip information summary for Croydon residents
Looking for info about your local Croydon recycling centre and rubbish tip? Look no further - this is the guide for you. It's got full details about the various Croydon rubbish tips, including a map of where they are, their addresses, opening hours, who can use them and which items are and are not accepted. As well as lots of useful questions and answers.
Address & Opening hours:
Fishers Farm, North Downs Road, New Addington CR0 0LB
Monday to Friday, 8am to 4pm, Saturday, 9am to 2pm, Sunday, 9am to 1pm
Factory Lane, West Croydon CR0 3RL
Monday to Saturday, 7.30am to 4.30pm , Sunday, 8.30am to 4pm
Purley Oaks, Brighton Road, South Croydon CR8 2BG
Monday to Sunday, 8am to 3.30pm
Location Map of each Croydon recycling centre
Rules at Croydon recycling centres:
- Pedestrians can ONLY use the Factory Lane and Fishers Farm sites.
- You must be a Croydon resident and be able to prove this with both of the following:
- Photo ID - acceptable documents are: passport, full or provisional UK driving licence, EU photocard driving licence, national identity card (non-UK nationals), Freedom Pass, or Electoral Identity Card; and
- Proof you live in Croydon address - acceptable docuemnst are: full or provisional UK driving licence, EU photocard driving licence, utility bill (dated within last 3 months, not a mobile phone bill), bank or building society statement (dated within last 3 months), Council Tax bill (dated within last 12 months), mortgage statement (dated within last 12 months), benefit statement or letter (eg pension or Child Benefit) (dated within last 3 month), HMRC document (not P45 or P60)
Vehicle access and restrictions at the tips
No trailers - cars with trailers are not accepted at any Croydon site
Vans - only allowed at Factory Lane Recycling Centre and subject to the following restrictions:
- maximum 6 bags of rubble
- can only enter Tuesday and Wednesday between 11am–1pm
- maximum 5 metres long and 2.6 metres high
- no Tipper trucks
- no Lutons
- no Trade waste (i.e waste created as result of works undertaken by a contractor / builder etc)
Items accepted at any Croydon recycling centre
Each site will accepy a wide range of waste material for recycling, including:
- household waste in black bags
- garden waste
- small electrical goods
- small bulky waste items
The council recommends you sort waste into these groups before leaving home to cut down the amount of time you need to spend at the tip unloading and sorting. This helps keep the the recycling centre as efficient as possible.
Items prohibited at any Croydon rubbish tip
The following items are not accepted at any Croydon dump:
- gas bottles
- paints or varnishes
QUESTIONS ABOUT CROYDON TIP
Can I take a mattress to Croydon tip?
Yes, you can. They also take old bed frames and divans.
Does Croydon recycling centre take paint for disposal?
Yes. Provided it isn't trade waste, you can take old paint pots containing paint to any of the Croydon tips for disposal.
Is Factory Lane Croydon dump still closed?
For latest information about whether Factory Lane is open or closed because of storm damage go to the inside croydon site
Bulky waste disposal options for Croydon residents
For a deeper look into local options to get rid of bulky waste in Croydon, please check out our guide to Croydon bulky waste collection and rubbish clearance.